(If the photo is super huge and blurry, I’m so sorry! It’s 3:18 AM right now and I just don’t know how to fix it. I’ll work on it soon! #NewThemeStruggles :P )
First of all, I have to say how SO VERY EXCITED I am! I’ve been planning this since 2 AM on August 24! EEK! (I seem to be a bit of a night owl/VERY early morning bird when it comes to planning/productivity… ;) )
Ahem. On a more professional note, hello to the totally amazing person reading this! Whether you’re already a Delightful World of Dolls reader or a first-time visitor, welcome! It’s me, Madison, or just Madi for short if you want! I am so very glad you’re reading this, because I have some very exciting things to share with you! (Like the title doesn’t already give 1/3 of it away. ;) )
I can’t believe it – the time has flown by so quickly, but when I think back on it all, so very much has happened! (Yes, yes, I know you’re very excited about the title, and quite frankly, so am I, but give me a minute to make a sentimental speech here. ;) )
When my dad and I first started constructing Delightful World of Dolls using Blogger on November 1st, 2012, I never imagined it would grow into what it has. From the moment DWOD was released to the public on November 4th (my mom’s birthday!), I’ve met so many absolutely amazing online friends, have been introduced to so many absolutely amazing doll blogs, and have had the time of my life with DWOD! And when we switched to WordPress in 2013, it opened up worlds of possibilities and ways to connect with other absolutely incredible and awe-inspiring WP bloggers, too!
Every day I’m thinking up new ideas on how to improve, how to grow, how to stretch. I’m constantly working on big things for the summer and holidays, as well as cool little things I can’t wait to share in a shout-out or a P.S. at the end of a post.
And you are my motivation! Your sweet comments bless me more than I could ever say, and even if I say, “Aww, thank you SO much!” a lot, I mean it personally from the bottom of my heart to each and every person! I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it! ;)
Every time my notification feed lights up signaling I have a new comment, “like”, or even a new follower, I get so excited! After officially four years, it never gets old. I typically rush to reply to comments right away, and I’m so thankful somebody took the time to leave a reply, “like” a post and such, or even loved my blog enough to follow!
Which brings me to tell you about the revamp of our site layout!
How do y’all like our new look? As much as I’m not that crazy about change, we were still using an old Twenty Twelve theme, and we had a few technical problems that just couldn’t be solved and look great without updating to a new theme. So we bought one, worked on it, it didn’t work out, used another one, worked on it, and ta-da!
Well… it wasn’t that easy. :P Trying to push the site over the night before, everything went KABLAM! KERPLOOEY! EPIC FAIL. For hours we were on the phone with our staging server company. Until 1 AM this morning. The people at the company made a major mistake and lost an entire month’s worth of my posts, then didn’t own up to it and simply hung up! It was a nightmare trying to get everything together at 2 AM this morning, and I had to re-type this post because our backup we restored didn’t save it all. :'( Three unapproved comments were lost, too. :'( Right now as I’m typing this, it’s past 3 AM and I am far from having everything done. (You might see random question marks in old posts. Those are actually a certain smiley I like to use but never copied over. Still working on that! Some of my pictures aren’t working either. Still working on that, too. :P) By the time you’re reading this, I would’ve I stayed up way past 3 this morning working as hard as I could on everything, but it still isn’t ready like I wanted it to. I’ll have to stop at some point knowing I have a Bible school class at 9 AM. :P (Editing this at 8:32 AM right now on the ride there, my Mom gave me half a cup of coffee. I FEEL AWESOME! I was singing and dancing of excitement for DWOD while getting ready after less than four hours of sleep. XD )
But by the time you’re reading this, I was able to sneak a minute here, a minute there, on the ride to and from and during little breaks in class. By now, it looks OK, but nowhere near where I wanted it to be, so you’ll still see me working on some stuff live. ;) That’s okay, though! You don’t mind seeing some new things pop up randomly here and there, do you? And besides, I kept my promise – by now it’s 2:45, and I have a ton of surprises to share with you!
Because I love surprises! I hope you do, too, because this post is full of them! And the big one (read on…) is for YOU!
Delightful World of Dolls has reached over
EDIT: Now it’s over 300! Oh my goodness! Thank you all SO much!!
WOW, right?! I couldn’t believe it, since the old site layout would only display that 28 had clicked a certain button (which I only thought to add a few months ago XD). And WordPress would only publicly display on the WP reader (if you looked carefully) that I had around 72. Which I was still super excited about and totally grateful for! But I finally totalled up all of the followers across the entire Delightful World of Dolls family, and oh my gosh, was I surprised! I must’ve not been thinking big enough for DWOD, because when the total came to over 260, I was absolutely SHOCKED! THANK YOU!
If you follow me, I’m so very glad you like my site enough to subscribe and be notified of my new posts, and I’m so very grateful for you! Like I said, all of you wonderful followers, commenters, likers, or even just readers are my motivation! I love you all so much! And again, it never gets old – I get so excited every time I see there is a new comment, like, and especially a follow! ;)
Who likes free American Girl dolls? (ME!) And not only that, but their coordinating accessories, too? (ME AGAIN!) What about shipped to you for absolutely free, even if you live outside the United States or Canada? (Oooh! MEEE!) Well, guess what? In celebration of over 260 followers – in celebration of YOU – that’s what I’m giving away! And I’m SO excited!! :D
Because this is the biggest thing DWOD has ever done, I wanted to make this giveaway unique! You may have seen giveaway for certain AG dolls at other blogs, but this one is a little bit different, because…
… if you win, you get to actually choose the doll you want. And get her and her coordinating accessories shipped to you for absolutely free! Even if you live internationally/overseas. This giveaway is open to you no matter where on earth you live!
Courtesy of my personal bank account! ;) I really wanted to thank each and every person who follows DWOD from the bottom of my heart! You mean SO very much to me! THANK YOU!
But of course, it would be totally uncool to do something this big for just 260 of you. What if someone new came along, liked Delightful World of Dolls and followed, but since they weren’t part of the original 260, they weren’t able to enter the giveaway? That would be horrible! :'( So… this giveaway is open to ANYBODY who becomes a follower! YAY!
My doll Chloe very graciously helped me out with the following videos, in which she explains some more about it! (Don’t worry, if you’re not able to view the two videos for some reason, I have all the important info typed out below, too! :D )
Important info about this giveaway:
- You must be a follower to enter, because this is something to celebrate our followers. And our blogiversary and revamp of the site layout!
- By following Delightful World of Dolls, you are supporting world missions! We have teamed up with Power of God World Missions and we have missionaries on the ground right now who are feeding the hungry, helping ISIS refugees, and preaching the Gospel all over the world. Our application for ads is still pending, and in about a week the ads should be up and we can start sending more funds over to unreached nations! (100% of the money we make will go directly to them.)
- No matter where you live, you can enter! I can ship anywhere and everywhere. Hurray, international AG fans!!
- We’ve come up with a ton of different ways you can get unlimited bonus entries. Yep! Unlimited bonus entires! There is no limit to how many bonus entries you can get to enter to win the free 18″ AG doll + her accessories of your choice! To learn more, watch the video below! :D
- If you were informed about our giveaway by someone online, please let us know who it was in the comments when you enter so we can give them an extra entry!
How to get unlimited bonus entries:
(Why bonus entries? Just so you know, the more entries you have, the more chances you have of winning – there is a greater probability of your name being drawn if it is entered the most!)
- Well, first of all, you have to follow to get your first initial entry. You can follow with your email or with your WordPress account. Once you follow, it’s YOU we’re celebrating! Thank you for joining the Delightful World of Dolls family!! Be sure and specify in your comment which way you followed for your first initial entry. :D
- Now that you’ve followed with either your WordPress account or email, you can get a bonus entry by following with the other option! If you followed with WordPress, follow with your email for an extra entry. If you followed with your email, follow with WordPress for an extra entry. Then comment again and tell us what way you followed for your bonus entry! (If you don’t have a WordPress account and email was your only option, or vice versa, that’s okay! There are still plenty more ways for bonus entries. :D )
- Subscribe to us on YouTube. Our channel features safe and family-friendly American Girl Stop Motion (AGSM) films that I, Madison, make with my dolls! All of my productions are God-honoring and clean. And I plan to be stopmotioning a lot more, which I’m super excited about, so you’ll be instantly notified when I upload my next production! After you subscribe, be sure to comment again and tell me so I can give you your bonus entry. :D
- This one is a bit detailed, so pay attention! ;) Make a post about our giveaway on your blog, if you have one. You must include the giveaway video and the link to this giveaway post. :D Then put our giveaway button on your sidebar where others can easily see it. When other people learn about this giveaway from your post, they will say so in their comment when they enter.
Hi, my name is Jan, and I would love to enter! I have a parent’s permission. I followed using my email. Nameofperson from blogURL.com referred me. If I won I would probably choose Truly Me #33.
For each person who tells me that you referred them, you get one extra entry. Since there are no limits to how many can enter, there are no limits to your bonus entries! However, commenters can’t be referred by multiple people, so if you want a head start on bonus entries, you might wanna get a blog post up FAST! ;) Be sure to let them know that you only get a bonus entry if they tell me that you referred them, so encourage them to let me know in the comments and urge them to enter so you can get as many bonus entries as you can!
- Pin our giveaway button on Pinterest. The same rules from above apply: you’ll get a bonus entry for each person who enters and tells us that you referred them!
- Share our video on YouTube. The same rules from above apply: you’ll get a bonus entry for each person who enters and tells us that you referred them!
- Share the giveaway button on Instagram. The same rules from above apply: you’ll get a bonus entry for each person who enters and tells us that you referred them!
- Share about this post on FaceBook. Include the giveaway button and video if possible. The same rules from above apply: you’ll get a bonus entry for each person who enters and tells us that you referred them!
- Share about this giveaway on any social media site, basically! On message boards, in comments, etc. You must include a link to the giveaway post, and please share the video and button as well if possible. The same rules from above apply: you’ll get a bonus entry for each person who enters and tells us that you referred them!
That’s how to get unlimited bonus entries! Here are the materials you’ll need to get them.
Giveaway video link:
“https://youtu.be/vQ6iarZ4f1Q” (Without the two quotation marks)
Link to giveaway post:
And now, to find out how to enter! (Finally, right? ;) )
What I am giving away:
One (1) 18″ American Girl doll currently available on AmericanGirl.com (plus her coordinating accessories) of your choice!
How to enter:
Edit: To make it easier and a little less confusing, just copy and paste the form below in your comment when you enter and fill it out!
Parent permission (if you are under 18):
Way you followed for your first initial entry:
If you did anything for bonus entries, please specify:
Where or from whom you heard about the giveaway:
Which doll you would most likely choose if you won:
A few more important details
Make sure you comment with an email I can contact you by!
If you are under 18, you must have a parent or guardian’s permission to enter, since I will need your home address by email if you win.
If you earned about our giveaway from someone else online, please let us know who it was and from where so we can give them an extra entry. (Examples: Sally from YouTube.com/channel/example referred me or I learned about your giveaway from Pam at example.com)
Don’t worry, if you state which doll you would most likely choose if you won, it’s not the finale say just in case you change your mind! I’ll ask you again when I email you if you win.
The last day to enter is Wednesday, November 30th, Eastern Standard time! I will randomly pick and reveal the winner on Thursday, December 1st. If you win, I will email you, and you have up to one week to reply with your address and the doll you want! :D If I don’t get a reply within a week, I’ll have to pick a new winner. :( So be on the lookout! ;) If you win, I’m going to try my very hardest to get the doll shipped to you by Christmas, the fastest way possible, no matter what it takes. It depends on where you live, though, since this is open to you no matter where you are! :D
Well, that was a lot of information. But this is a giveaway like none other! I’m SO excited about it, and I hope you are, too! If you’re a follower of Delightful World of Dolls, this giveaway is in celebration of YOU!
I hope you’re ready to enter for a chance to win the 18″ American Girl doll (+ her coordinating accessories!) of YOUR choice!
First, go follow using your email or with WordPress if you haven’t already. Just look to the right at our sidebar!
Done that? YAY! :D Thank you so much! I’m so glad you’ve joined our extraordinary family! ❤️❤️❤️
Okay, enough waiting. Now that that’s done, ready, set, ENTER!
Then get a head start on those unlimited bonus entries!