Last year, I did my first annual post that I called The Interesting Post. Instead of doing posts throughout the year of answering questions to awards and tags, I do one BIG post a year for them!
So if you were ever wondering, yes, I do awards and tags—just every year on January 30th!
Let’s start in no particular order because I’ve been terrible at tracking them all down.
(Plus, if you survive, you get an exclusive award of your own. *rubs hands evilly*)
And, if you’ve seen my last Interesting Post, you know I make award posts extra special with fun, throwback, and not-yet-posted photos! *rubs hands even-more evilly*
You know what’s really awesome? I got this award last year, and I edited the image and came up with the name for it.
And now my image has circulated to a ton of different blogs who have received the award. If you copy and paste the image address, you’ll see I’ve sneakily let people know just who edited this here image. Heh heh.
- Thank the person that tagged you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Tag 11 more people
- And give them 11 questions to answer
MY ANSWERS TO JENNA’S QUESTIONS:
Do you like your blogging schedule?
I do! For 2018 I plan to post every Friday at 12:00 PM, and if I have an extra post that week, one will pop up on Tuesday at 4:45 PM too.
What device do you do your blogging on?
That depends where I’m at. Usually, it’s on my big computer at my school desk. If I’m traveling, it’s on my Macbook. And if I’m waiting in the doctor’s office or something and have no one to text or roleplay with, I’ll respond to comments on my iPhone.
Where is your favorite place to blog???
But Madi Grace is an extremely close second.
Would you encourage others to blog?
In most cases, yes!
If yes why? If no why?
Yes, if they have something passionate to blog about and can put their all into it.
What would you change about your blog?
The design. The blue stars are really iconic for the whole DWOD branding, but they sure make for a confusing background. I plan to keep the whole blue star theme and the above favicon, but I’ll definitely be experimenting with the design this year to make it easier on your eyes!
What blog/blogger inspires you the most?
I’m not usually inspired… most blog or bloggers that drive me to do better do it by making me extremely jealous of their follower count despite their (in my opinion) terrible blogging skills.
I mean, I wouldn’t be jealous if they were a better blogger than me. They’d deserve those followers. But if their design stinks, their posts are hard to read, they’ve been blogging for barely a year while I’m better (I hope) at those things and have been blogging for way longer, THAT KIND OF THING MAKES ME JELLY AND CONFUSES ME. But it also drives me to work harder on my blogs.
(I promise I don’t think that about 99% of you reading this and I seriously don’t think I’m an amazing blogger. THAT’S JUST HOW PEOPLE MAKE ME FEEL. XD)
But there is one blogging inspiration that never fails to inspire me: Small Dolls in a Big World. AGDA and Catlover02 are extremely talented, and they’re so incredibly nice and humble about it. I look up to their photography skills.
“I look up to their photography skills” haha more like QERFGHJLQVWLFIBHQWEFLJHBATYSDHASGJHDSCJGHSDBFLJHERGWE *wails, cries, flails and dies at their beautiful photography*
I can flyyyy!
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I usually say invisibility to this, but now I’m not sure. I think I’d like to fly.
If God granted you 1 wish what would it be?
God blesses me with a lot of my wants already, but if I had one wish I didn’t have to wait for… WOULD IT BE REALLY BAD TO ASK FOR MORE FOLLOWERS AHAHAHA JUST KIDDING.
What has been your greatest accomplishment in life?
I’ve personally led about a hundred people to the Lord, and hundreds of people online as well; through this blog and The Goodbye (AGSM Movie). Getting to introduce someone to Jesus is hands down the greatest honor and accomplishment of my life. It literally brings tears of joy to my eyes as I type this right now.
If you haven’t personally led someone to Jesus… I 10/10 recommend it!!
What are you wearing this very moment?
I love questions like these. XD My sister’s gray “encounter truth” shirt from our youth group, dark blue skinny jeans, and bright green socks. In fact, I took a picture of myself today for my writing blog:
Whew, those were FUN! Thanks a million, Jenna! You’re so sweet to think of me!
MY ANSWERS TO TORI AND KIKI’S QUESTIONS (they both used the same questions):
Yes, that’s my picture. From this post. But I’m cringing too hard to re-watermark it. 😂
Who was the first doll that you got (doesn’t have to be AG)?
Dolls have been part of my life since I was little, so I can’t recall the very first one, but the first dolls I can remember having are a Barbie, a baby doll, or one of those super tiny dolls you get in a McDonald’s happy meal (which, coincidentally, is how I learned about AG—they had these historical character phamplets).
What’s your favorite American Girl doll?
That I own? Chloe, Taryn, or Delaney.
That I don’t own? Hmmm. I don’t know. I have a few gorgeous dolls on my wishlist, but I don’t know if I have a very favorite. I’ve always loved the characters of Molly and Josefina, though.
If you could design anything for American Girl, what would it be?
The clothing, for sure; both for dolls and girls!
How did you learn about American Girl?
Yay, I was hoping this question would be asked! I got a historical character pamphlet of Kaya in a McDonald’s happy meal when I was five years old in 2008. My mom helped me get on americangirl.com because the pamphlet said they had Fun For Girls there.
For years, American Girl computer games were my favorite, I adored the books, and then I finally got an AG mini doll (Molly) in 2010 and my first 18″ AG (big Molly) in 2011.
What’s your favorite AG pet?
Coconut for sure; I own the 2012 version of her. She’s just the cutest. I’ve always loved Toasty, Meatloaf, Licorice, and Sugar, though.
What’s your favorite item AG sells?
WHAT. THAT’S TOO HARD. I actually haven’t liked much of what AG sells since 2014, so nothing sticks out… I’d have to say the dolls! 😂
What 18 inch doll brand do you like to buy from?
I don’t buy their dolls, but Our Generation is epic for accessories and furniture.
Who’s your favorite AGtuber?
Basilmentos. Hands down! She’s helped me a lot with iStopMotion, the stop motioning software I got that she uses.
Who’s your favorite Beforever character?
Josefina or Samantha. I’ve also had a liking for Addy, but I haven’t read enough of her books to decide if she’s my favorite. I also love Felicity and Kirsten, even though Kirsten’s not really part of BeForever because she’s retired. XD
What’s your favorite thing to do with your dolls?
Take pictures and make stories with them. I was doing that long before I started blogging. But before doll photography, I loved making movies with my dolls.
What’s your favorite kind of doll related post?
To make? Photostories. I think that’s what most people like best on my blog, too, so that’s a win-win. I also adore posting photoshoots and info posts like my tips about the AG doll nail polish, but not many people like them as much as photostories, so I don’t do them as often.
To read? Photoshoots. Every one is an opportunity to learn. I’ll look at the bad ones and think of what I would’ve done to make them better and not make that mistake, and look at the ones that leave my jaw dropping and learn how to make mine like that.
We’re not quite there yet. 😂
I NOMINATE FOR THIS BLUE SKY TAG:
- Treasured Friendships with a Flair (this is the first blog I’ve ever followed!)
- AG Doll Awesome (Sam’s doing an incredible unique photostory series rn—CHECK IT OUT)
- Faking it Mostly (Ginnie’s crafts and doll restorations with her daughter are incredible!)
- Smile and Craft AG (excuse me for a moment while I flail over the cutest header I’ve ever seen)
- Kiki Through the Looking-Glass (Kiki just got an awesome camera—you’ve gotta check out her new doll photos!)
- My Doll Corner (STAFF IS SO HILARIOUS.)
- Buzz About AG (those cute little bee costumes hehe)
- A Doll’s Life (Bella’s photography and the way she poses her dolls is AMAZING!)
- Small Dolls Big Hearts (check out her new design!)
- The Sparkle Dollies (run by the dearest Sara)
- Adollable AG (let’s take a moment to appreciate the awesomeness of that name)
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
I actually made this list before I realized that Tori and Kiki had nominated me, so some of the questions are unintentionally the same.
- How often do you post?
- What is your favorite kind of thing to post?
- Do you have a favorite doll?
- What doll do you want next?
- Which doll of yours shares the most personality traits with you?
- What’s your favorite doll brand?
- How many times a day do you look at your dolls?
- What if your favorite thing to do with your dolls?
- Have you ever done a stopmotion?
- Do you watch AGtube?
- If so, who’s your favorite stopmotioner / AGtuber?
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Give a link to your nominator’s blog
- Create a post about this award
- Write a little on how and why you created your website
- Give two pieces of advice for bloggers
- Nominate 15 bloggers
- Tell those bloggers that you nominated them // haha nah if you don’t stay up to date with my posts you won’t know you got nominated so your loss >:)
HOW AND WHY I CREATED DELIGHTFUL WORLD OF DOLLS:
My dad helped me start delightfulworldofdolls.blogspot.com on Blogger back in 2012. I shared a gmail account with him for blogging purposes and changed his profile picture to this one of Molly. Oh, it was glorious. 😂
“don’t be surprised if they’re a little weird” 😂😂😂
Why? I originally wanted a Google Picasa account to share Molly’s adventures like I had seen a blog called Julie’s Jumbles do. But then God spoke to my dad and said, “let her create a blog instead.” My dad wasn’t even going to let me have one, but God had other plans!
Now look where we are today. Thanks for being a part of this. ♥
2 PIECES OF ADVICE FOR BLOGGERS:
Numeral Uno: Don’t compare yourself to other blogs. Le very bad idea. Learn from others and see what brought their blog to where it is today, but don’t obsess over them and feel like your blog will never be good enough. ‘Cause you can smoke anyone if you put your mind to it and that’s a fact.
Numeral Two wait isn’t it Dos or something: Watermark. Your. Images.
Even if no one ever steals them (which has happened to me more times than I can count), if someone searches your name or your blog on Google, you want the photos that pop up to have direct watermarks to your site. Plus, if people do take them… their loss! They just gave you free advertising!
It gets even more fun when they crop out your watermark and you get to go after them backed by the law. Trust me. >:)
I NOMINATE FOR THIS BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD:
- Fun and Games AG (her photography and angles AHHHH)
- An American Girl’s Life (Cady’s photostories are great. XD)
- The Dolls of Texas (check out her new blog design!)
- American Girl Guide (her blog design hits me with really nostalgic feels. XD)
- Kait’s AG Crafts (she won my Create-Your-Own doll giveaway not long ago!)
- Irish AG Dolls (I love her dolls’ outfits and hairstyles)
- AG Sparkle Sisters (heh heh, yes, I’m nominating them for this award again)
- Dollicious (her photography is amazing NOW WHY HASN’T SHE POSTED SINCE 2015. *cries*)
- It’s a Doll World (her incredible photos of Lea made me decide to ask for Taryn for Christmas in 2016!)
- Silver Sky Dolls (check out her new photostory series!!)
- Dolltastically Fun (I love her unique posts)
- Love My Dollies (her photostories rock)
- Meghan’s Dolls (which are very very cute)
- Minecraft Legends with a Few Dolls (she interviewed me back in 2016, and that’s how I met her)
- Coastal Dolls (I won one of her giveaways >:D)
No questions for this award—just follow the above rules!
Jules @ Blogging Doll Sisters created this tag, for which there was no photo so GUESS WHO MADE ONE AHAHAHA.
Thanks so much for thinking of me, guys!
- Answer all questions honestly
- Take at least 5 pictures of your doll or doll-sized decorations for the holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas)
- Tag at least 2 other bloggers with doll blogs
- If you have more than one blog, then DON’T TAG YOURSELF
- You need to ask at least 5 questions
Awww, I can’t tag my other blogs? Just kidding. XD
You can see a ton of Christmas doll photos by going to the Christmas category, but here’s one!
- What was your favorite gift you received last Christmas?
- Favorite dish you ate last Thanksgiving?
- Favorite doll holiday-themed photo?
- Favorite holiday post of yours?
- Which holiday do you like the best?
I NOMINATE FOR THIS HOLIDAY TAG:
- All-American Girl (ONE OF THE SWEETEST BLOGGERS EVER and her new design ahh!)
- Sew Sweet Dollies (check out her gorgeous doll sewing creations!)
- Rocky Top Dolls (oh my goodness, her beautiful photos)
- Fabulously Forever Dolls (Del loves this blog)
- Kirstyn Todd (Kirstyn is the sweetest!)
- A Doll’s Wardrobe (ahh I love her photography)
- American Girl World (Payton’s awesome blog)
- Dolls N’ All (one of my favorite doll blogs in the entire universe)
- Luv of Dolls (such a pretty design!)
Thanks again, Jules!
Amie @ Crazy A nominated me for the liebster award! Thanks so much, Amie!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of their nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
MY ANSWERS TO AMIE’S QUESTIONS:
What is your biggest dislike?
I have a lot of dislikes. XD I can’t think of my #1 biggest, but one biggie is prideful people.
Would you say you were introverted or extraverted?
Depends on who I’m around. I’d say 50%/50%.
Where is one place you would visit in the US?
New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and then Madison, Wisconsin—I think you can guess why.
Do you use mouthwash?
look at my tiny wittle braces!
Have you had to have braces or a mouth appliance?
I wear both braces and Invisalign currently! Which is not normal. My mouth is a special case. XD
What is your favorite kind of shoe?
Skinny tennis shoes / sneakers. Skechers, actually. But I also really love ankle boots.
What is your life purpose?
To make Jesus famous. It’s my life’s purpose, passion, and privilege.
Pink or blue?
Blue! I don’t hate pink—what’s the big deal with hating pink?—I just like all the pretty shades of blue better.
White or black?
Black. Just like the intensity of my evilness. Although that’s more dark red.
What is your favorite sweet?
MILK DOVE CHOCOLATES SAPUHDQWELFKJHQWLEFKJH
What do you think of these questions and the award?
I love them, Amie! Thanks so much!
I NOMINATE FOR THIS LEIBSTER AWARD:
- Hello Dollie Blog (her posts are the cutest!)
- From a Doll’s Perspective (HER PHOTOGRAPHY ASDFGHJLK)
- Musings by Madi (nope, not me… Madi the doll!)
- Dollventures (that header image ♥)
- American Girl World (check out those Emmie awards too heh heh heh)
- AG Doll Adventures (her posts are awesome!)
- Stuffie Adventures (Rebekah’s stuff is always incredible CHECK HER BLOG OUT NOW)
- Christina and Camera (oh my goodness, her blog is amazing ♥)
- Dolls on a Farm (my good buddy Alyse’s blog!)
- AG’s Wondrous World (her photostories are AMAZING.)
- American Girl Here and There (w;jqfhqilebfqepijbfqelkrbgqlekbjfasdfghjAHHHHHH and that’s all I’ll say about her gorgeous photography)
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- How long has your blog been running?
- Favorite post of yours?
- Favorite page of yours?
- Worst post of yours?
- What are your blogging goals for this year?
- Do you let your dolls post for you?
- How often do they post?
- Which doll posts the most?
- Which doll of yours is your favorite?
- Which doll is your favorite that you don’t own?
- Think up a question you’ve always wanted to answer but no one has ever asked… and answer it.
Thanks again, Amie!
Staff @ My Doll Corner nominated me for this award! Thanks a million, Staff! ♥
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
WHAT IS IT WITH THE NUMBER 11. WHY NOT 100 QUESTIONS AND NOMINATE ONLY 3 BLOGS. HEH HEH. JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING. BUT I’M GONNA CREATE AN AWARD LIKE THAT ONE DAY. CALLED THE MADI AWARD.
Do you have a pet?
Not yet. Unfortunately, my dad just announced we’re getting a dog in the next three weeks or so. Which I don’t want, because I’ll have to have a ton of extra responsibilities and I’m already under a lot of stress. If I’m not its favorite human, it won’t be worth it. 😫
What would you tell your younger self if you could go into the past?
Be honest and tell the truth a lot sooner. You’ll save yourself years of guilt and it’ll turn out a million times better than you think it will, I promise. I know, ’cause I’M FROM YOUR FUTURE AHAHAHA.
If you could a get a unicorn what would you name it and what would it look like?
I’d want a boy unicorn, and I’d name him Alex. He’d have black hair, a white mane, and a black horn. AND HE’D BE EVIL.
What is your favorite book series?
My own. HAH.
Just kidding. I’ve always loved the American Girl History Mysteries, but they don’t make them anymore. Recently, I haven’t been able to find any books that are both extremely well-written but honor God. Which is why I’m writing a series like that! >:D
What’s your hair color?
Dark brunette! My friends say it actually looks black from far away though. XD
What is your favorite show/movie?
THAT IS HARD.
My favorite show would probably be Ninjago? And my favorite movie… that’s really harddd. XD Maybe Rogue One, Wonder, Do You Believe, War Room, Cody Banks 2: Destination London, the Karate Kid trilogy, the Night at the Museum trilogy, or The Encounter 2: Paradise Lost. *nods*
If you could be rich for a day what would you buy?
I’m actually in the top 2% of people concerning wealth (it’s amazing how much of the world lives in poverty), so I AM rich. >:D But if I were a millionaire, I honestly don’t know. I think I’d buy a lot of meals for children in South Sudan as well as a lot of rescue missions for them there. My heart’s really broken for ’em.
What’s your favorite food?
To quote my dolls’ pet Coconut, MY FAVORITE FOOD IS FOOD. But seriously. My Aunt Kathy’s chicken and dumplings… *mouth waters* Also, IHOP’s stuffed french toast. I had it just recently. *dies*
Who’s your favorite disney princess?
Maybe Aurora? Or the original Belle.
What’s your favorite social media thing, pinterest, tumblr, facebook etc.
I don’t use any of those (yet—I’m getting them all soon for DWOD. XD), so I’d have to say blogging!
What is your biggest dream?
To be an author.
I NOMINATE FOR THIS SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
- The Blog of Toys (her name is Madison, just like mine!)
- American Girl Days (love these posts!)
- AG Doll Adventures (ALKSJFHUEAJFHQ THE PHOTOGRAPHY)
- Twintastic AG Life (twin bloggers!)
- Doll Notebook (JEWEL’S PHOTOS AHHHH)
- Ally and Mae (these girls are the sweetest and I love their blog design)
- Camera Dolls (that header is the best XD)
- A Little Barbie World (run by Maelyn‘s younger sisters!)
- Miss Nikki’s Dolls (she worked at the American Girl store!)
- My Dolly Addiction (LOOK AT ALL THOSE DOLLS IN THE HEADER.)
- Dolls ‘N’ Cupcakes (that new photostory series XD)
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- Do you have a phone?
- How often do you eat candy?
- What do you take pictures with?
- Favorite drink?
- Do you use headphones?
- Favorite accomplishment?
- Favorite genre of music?
- Favorite word?
- Look at the ceiling and name the first 10 things that pop into your head.
- If you had to be on a remote island for a year and could only listen to one song, what would it be?
- Biggest fear?
Thanks so much again, Staff! I love your questions!
Xyra @ Tea Time with Melody Q nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much for thinking of me, Xyra!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post about the award.
- Share seven (7) facts about you, yourself, and you.
- Nominate one or two or fifteen more lovely blogs and tell them the good news! // lol nah if you read this post you’ll find out you’re nominated if not TOO BAD
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME, MYSELF, AND I:
#1: I started blogging on November 4, 2012.
#2: I’m self-driven and self-motivated, so I don’t need other people to keep me accountable to what I love to do.
#3: I follow 300 blogs. *dies* That’s why I can’t comment on every single post, but I love everything I read!
#4: My birthday is June 27, 2003.
#5: I like having online friends better than IRL ones, but I do have a few really close IRL buddies I love.
#6: In most situations, I’m shy. Unless someone else is shy too, and then I’ll go be all crazy and outgoing around that person. XD
#7: I did this award last year too. XD
I NOMINATE FOR THIS ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD:
- Doll Habit (Bella’s posts are always amazing!)
- Kaylyn’s World (I love her photostories!)
- AG Doll Dreams (Hope is one of the sweetest bloggers ever!)
- Crafts of All Seasons (the crafts are epic!)
- All Doll’d Up (love these photostories and pictures!)
- Reverie Dolls (Victoria’s photoshoots are incredible!)
- Dazzling Dollies (I love Emma’s posts—each one is so unique and creative!)
- AGs in Alaska (I love these posts—so unique and different!)
- A Dollop of AG (AHH THESE AWESOME POSTS.)
- Just AG (her dolls are gorgeous!)
- Doll the Time (I love her blog design)
- Forever American Girl (I wish I had her background. XD)
- Anything in the Wonderful Life (Arabella’s wonderful site!)
- The American Girl Spot (gah, such Natalie’s an amazing blogger)
- Lula Boo (Laura’s awesome blog!)
No questions for this one, just follow the rules!
Thanks so much again, Xyra!
THE FIGHT TO SURVIVE HAS BEEN LONG. AND HARD.
BUT… YOU HAVE BEEN VICTORIOUS!
YOU HAVE DEFEATED—the, uh, inanimate object that is this post.
But this is still a great thing. GOOD JOB.
My dolls also got nominated for The Sisters Tag four times that they’ll do later, and there’s a Barefoot Tag I’ll have to do soon, but that’s it for this post!
CAN YOU BELIEVE I DIDN’T NOMINATE ANY BLOG FOR THE SAME THING TWICE. Like each blog I linked to in my nominations is completely unique. THAT’S HOW MANY BLOGS I FOLLOW GUYS. And there were actually more doll blogs I could’ve nominated, but a lot of them were by bloggers who didn’t do tags.
I’m 99% sure I nominated everyone who follows me and has a blog, but if I for some reason missed you, drop a comment below with your blog and consider yourself nominated for any one award from this post of your choice!
If you ever want to nominate me for a tag or award, don’t hesitate! I do do them—just in big posts like these once a year. Or if they’re special tags, like The Sisters Tags my dolls will do soon, I’ll do those just as soon as possible! You guys are the sweetest for thinking of me. ♥
If you survived, you get this award!